Wednesday, February 25, 2009

T-R-O-U-B-L-E and Ash Wednesday

First off, Happy Ash Wednesday. Or un-happy Ash Wednesday as today (at 12am) began the season of grief. Today is the first day of my facebook abstinence. Some of you think that I am nuts giving it up because maybe you don't spend as much time on it as I do (or maybe you clearly understand). Well, let's just say I have a blackberry... and I mobile facebook a lot! Anywho, I am having a hard time already. I know I can do this but I feel as if I am missing everything! The whole point of the "sacrifice" is to turn toward God. We also fast to turn inward and give Mite Boxes to turn to our neighbor. 

Second, I am not sure what has come over my son. This morning he takes off his underwear to go potty (he MUST take them all the way off and launch them across the room) and declares "fly you panties." It was so funny. Then after he tee-tee'd he did this happy dance buck naked (pausing mid-dance to say cheese).



Third, here is the first of three outfits I have made Moseley for his Spring/Summer wardrobe. (Katie, you might remember this fabric - I was going to make pants for Mose last year with these).




Photobucket

4 comments:

e said...

hey! your shorts are so cute. did you just use the britches and bloomers pattern and make it shorts? i need to get on sewing for jack for this summer.

Natalie said...

L O V E it!!! THAT is the kind of stuff i could dress bennett in all day every day...why dont they make more of it?

happy ash wednesday!

Katie said...

So cute! How did you make that shirt?!

Jessica said...

Erin, Last year I used a John-John pattern and just cut it off but since I needed a bigger pattern size anyway I went to Hobby Lobby and got a basic pants/shorts pattern for boys. I didn't use the optional pocket b/c for us it is unnecessary so it made for easy sewing.

Katie, My neighbor has a mono machine :)