Monday, February 16, 2009

Potty Mouth

Potty training began this morning. 

Moseley woke up and he immediately wanted to sit on the potty and read. So we did and we were handsomely rewarded (that is as graphic as I will get). So, I thought this is the day we will begin the big "PT." The day went pretty well. He definitely had some accidents in his big boy underwear. But he also used the bathroom many, many, times. 

He seems to be able to control the flow, so to speak, when he tries but not the habit of just going when he feels necessary. So he will start to tee-tee in his pants and then yell "mamma, toilet" and finish going on the potty. I guess it will just take time before he recognizes beforehand that he is about to go? By the way, we have no problems with going #2, go figure.

So, we will continue down this path until it takes hold. I think I will need some more underwear though, I only have 6 pairs. 

Any advice you bloggers want to give me would be great...

Below are the potties we have: Total spent on both was about $15 so if you have any suggestions for better ones let me know, it won't put us out financially.

First Stages, 3 in 1. This is our portable one. It is so small and light. This is where we do our tee-teeing.



The First Years, Soft Potty. This is where we sit and read upstairs long term. It has a cushy seat so is softer. But, it's hard for Moseley to climb up onto the toilet even with a step stool which is why we use this one sparingly.


Photobucket

No comments: