Thursday, March 5, 2009

Skinny Jeans... or ... the Case of the Pant-dentity Crisis

I have some skinny friends. Moreover, I have some skinny friends, who have had babies recently and are STILL skinny. If I didn't love them so much I probably wouldn't hang out with them for being so dang thin. I need to start socializing at Weight Watchers Meetings! Better yet, I need to ATTEND some Weight Watchers meetings. 

I digress. 

These three ladies who I WILL name (Katie, Tabbi, and Sarah) looked better immediately before, during and after labor (or c-section as it may be) than I have since High School... so with this in mind I get back to the reason for my post. 

I can now wear ONE pair of pre-maternity jeans that have so much stretch in them the tag says "99% rubber band". They are also the largest in my pants collection. Problem is I am so used to wearing maternity jeans that I keep trying to yank them down when I go to the bathroom or to put my jammers on (PJs for you mature individuals).  They don't even budge.

So, I now have a huge reddish bruise across my middle where I have repeatedly tried to strangle my fat roll. 

Awesome.


Photobucket

2 comments:

Tabitha said...

Jess I'm writing this as I sit here in a pair of my "skinny" maternity jeans, lol. I can wear three whole pairs of my regular pants now with a whole lot of muffin top to show for it. Four months post baby things are definitely not the same, sigh....

Jessica said...

Hahaha, well you certainly looks fabulous to me! I am sure Kirklin would agree :)