Sunday, November 2, 2008

Rock Candy?!??

We had a great Halloween week. Lots of carnivals to cook for and attend. I will post some pics soon. This was how our week went...

Sunday - Ross Bridge Halloween Parade and Carnival (we ran Ring-the-Pumpkin)
Wednesday - Bluff Park UMC Halloween Carnival (cake walk cookies)
Thursday - Mom's Group Halloween Party (fruit tray and fingerprint craft)
Friday - Halloween! Fun, fun, fun!

Friday night, Kevin, Nonna, and cousin Courtney all walked with Moseley to trick-or-treat. We picked up Tally, Aaron and James and walked around Ross Bridge for quite awhile getting candy (none of which Moseley was allowed to have!). Aunt Vicki and Pop stayed behind to hand out candy and when we got home all of the decorative bags on the front porch that were filled with ROCKS were gone!!!! So, without ringing the bell, someone's poor child thought they were grabbing a gift bag of goodies but were getting a bag full of rocks. Kind of funny, kind of sad...



Photobucket

6 comments:

Katie said...

You gave away ROCKS for Halloween?! What a bunch of Scrooges ;)

Jamie said...

I would be pizzed if I really liked my decorations.....but oh well~

Jessica said...

Well, you know how children are - kind of self-serving.

And they were just paper gift bags that I had weighted down and stapled shut for a carnival game at our neighborhood Halloween Parade. Once the party was over I just took them all home and set them on the front porch as decorations.

Kim Wood said...

I saw on the news that several children in B'ham were victims of the cruel 'trick' of giving rocks instead of candy, which broke all their teeth out. The police are all looking for the perp. Just thought I'd mention it. M.

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh that is so funny! I would have loved to be a fly on the wall when they opened the bags and showed their parents! lol

The Pullen Family said...

Where are the pictures? I need to see Mose in his costume trick-or-treating.