Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Fluuuu Shoooot

Being a family with one small child and one on the way, we are flu vaccine partakers. Being out sick isn't an excuse for Kevin - he'd have to work anyway and it's high on the miscarriage list for pregnant women. I digress.

We headed to the Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell, and Berkowitz Health Fair (woo hoo) yesterday to get our Flu Shots. They offer free shots to employees and nearly free ones to family.

I had my shot. No problem. I used to give myself shots for allergies - I have a high tolerance for needle pain.

Kevin had his shot while I was freeing Moseley's thigh for the puncture. No problem.

Moseley had his shot. No problem... what the %&$!.

Yep, he just watched the lady stick him right in the thigh with that shot and absolutely no reaction. Then he looked up and said "truck" as a toy car came into view across the room. Again, I was floored. There were tons of co-workers around and I thought I was going to be in for it. Not a peep. Not a mention. Never asked why the heck some strange white-clad lady was shooting him up in a conference room. I thought for a split second that maybe something was wrong with him and we should go see a Dr. Then, I got over it and was thankful, b/c next time it won't be so great :)


Photobucket

1 comment:

Whitney said...

Crazy that Mose didn't even care! Justin and I got the flu shot early this week at my doc's appointment. Now, if you ask Justin where he got his flu shot, he says, "Where everyone gets their flu shot - the OB/GYN!" So funny. Here's to being flu-free this winter! I've actually never had the flu, so I'm hoping I don't start this year!