Friday, March 21, 2008

A little about me: Favorite Song

I have realized lately that I love blogging. By "blogging" I mean writing my own blog and reading comments as well as reading other people's blogs. It is therapeutic for me to express my feelings and hopefully, I will remember Moseley's milestones longer by writing them down. Because I like blogging so much I think now I will tell you all a little about me. This may take a few posts :)

My absolute favorite song is called Canticle 9. Sometimes referred to as "The First Song of Isaiah," it is actually from the book of Isaiah, chapter 12, verses 2-6 set to music. I sing this A LOT. I sing it to Moseley and I sing it to myself. I sing it if I am bored or excited or can't fall asleep. I actually went to another church last year as a visitor and they played this song and I was jumping up and down in excitement to sing it :) Cheesy, but I love God! Below are the words and if you run into me I will be happy to sing it for you.

In case you were wondering, my runner up is Canticle 13, "A Song of Praise. " Interestingly, this comes from the Song of the Three Young Men, 29-34. Haven't heard of this? The three young men are better know as Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego and this is the song they sang in the furnace (one of my favorite stories). This book of the Old Testament can usually only be found in the Apocrypha.

Canticle 9
Surely, it is God who saves me;
I will trust in him and not be afraid.

For the Lord is my stronghold and my sure defense,
and he will be my Savior.

Therefore you shall draw water with rejoicing
from the springs of salvation.

And on that day you shall say,
Give thanks to the Lord and call upon his Name;

Make his deeds known among the peoples;
see that they remember that his Name is exalted.

Sing the praises of the Lord, for he has done great things,
and this is known in all the world.

Cry aloud, inhabitants of Zion, ring out your joy,
for the great one in the midst of you is the Holy One of Israel.

Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit
as it was in the beginning, is now, and will be for ever. Amen.


Canticle 13

Glory to you, Lord God of our fathers;
you are worthy of praise; glory to you.

Glory to you for the radiance of your holy Name;
we will praise you and highly exalt you for ever.

Glory to you in the splendor of your temple;
on the throne of your majesty, glory to you.

Glory to you, seated between the Cherubim;
we will praise you and highly exalt you for ever.

Glory to you, beholding the depths;
in the high vault of heaven, glory to you.

Glory to you, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit;
we will praise you and highly exalt you for ever.

1 comment:

Michelle Touchton said...

I love blogging, too, and I don't think that anyone gets as much entertainment from my posts as I do! I love looking at your sewing creations. I would love to learn to sew! Let me know when you are coming to Birmingham!