Thursday, March 13, 2008

A Blanket for Sister

My friend Katie is having a baby on April 15th, which is in 4 weeks! I wanted to make something for Lily, who will be known by me forever as "sister" but didn't know what to make. Katie makes clothes really well so I didn't want to go that route. Then, I got an idea.

I had these swatches from Laura Ashley that I got in High School. In the spring of 1996, my friend Mary Noller and I called every single Laura Ashley store (back then there were a ton) and requested "free swatches." Turns out the long distance bill would have more than covered a few bolts of designer fabric. Since then, I have never been able to part with the coveted patches. So, I made some of them into a blanket for Sister. I love how it turned out. It is small, and since sister will probably be small, it will be perfect for her.

3 comments:

Katie said...

I love it!! i didn't know the story behind the fabric squares. You are so sweet. I know it will be a favorite of Sister's.

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh I would like one for myself please! Pretty Please, with a cherry on top! It is so cute!

Tabitha said...

Jess that's adorable!!! You're so talented!