Friday, March 21, 2008

A little about me: Favorite People

I love my family. I mean I really really love my family. My parents are divorced and my daddy is re-married and I couldn't be happier about it. Of course you wish divorce wouldn't happen but in my case I was so lucky!

I have an awesomely independent momma who is the acting Education Curator of the Mobile Museum of Art. I have a really smart and very hardworking daddy and as a bonus a very cool and also smart step-mom. Really, you just don't get all that with a traditional family :) With that being said I have serious roots. My Momma's family is from Mobile and lives in Mobile. My daddy grew up in Mobile with his parents and sister and he and my grandmom live in Mobile. My Daddy's sister and her husband (also my god-father) is 40 min away in Pensacola. My Step-mom's family is from Mobile and lives in Mobile. My Momma's sister (also my god-mother) and her husband live in our family's house in Mobile. Do you see where this is going? Even my brother's wife is from Mobile and her family lives in Mobile. My brother is away right now (in GA) for work but they have a lot they own in Mobile where they will builda house when they get back.

You can see why I felt it was safe (or maybe safer due to repeats in the gene pool) to marry an "outsider." Yes folks, I married a northerner. Well um, Northern Alabama :) And I am so lucky to have him and his parents and brother. Actually we are close with ALL of his family and mine.

You can see why, with all of these close people in my family I spend a lot of time traveling to see them.

I am going to tell you a little about each of the people in my family that I think is special. This might take a while and is in no order of preference!!

No comments: