Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Our New Car

Ok so it looks like we are just getting all things new lately but we really have been putting off getting a new car until after we closed on the house. I promise it was warranted.

Our car stats b4 the new car:
1998 White Jeep Cherokee with 168,000 miles (mine)
1991 Red Jeep Cherokee with 230,000 miles (Kev's)

So you see we were in need of a new car. You might think we traded in the Red Jeep... but we didn't. Why? Because I affectionately call my Jeep "Christine" b/c it tried on numerous occasions to kill me! The latest incident occurred last Tuesday when the car continued to accelerate regardless of how hard I pressed the brake.

So, we had been looking for a new car for awhile and my dream car is a Volvo V70 station wagon... so Kevin sweetly accommodated :) Since we always take the "family car" on trips it made more sense for me to get a new car that will accommodate 2 children and 2 adults. I promise the next new car will be for him!


From the front - I couldn't get a side shot from the garage b/c it's too long...
























Front seat interior



















Roomy back seat - which is now the home of Moseley's monster carseat :)



















Cargo space!



















Photobucket

6 comments:

The Dettling's said...

Love it, Jess! Volvos rock!! :)

Unknown said...

So beautiful and so safe! I love it and can't wait to go for a ride in a week and a half! Love, M.

Whitney said...

Nice! Quite a step up! ;-)

Has Moseley broken it in yet?

Jessica said...

Oh yes, he had crackers in it the other day :( I immediately whipped out the dustbuster! We'll see how long that lasts...

Me on Metatrophin said...

My mom is faithful to the Volvo! You will enjoy that for sure!!

The Regal Pup said...

I heart Volvo's! Yay too for 2 car garages! I can't wait to move and have a garage again. This parking lot business in the apt. is no fun!!!