Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Oh yeah... We're having a baby!

I certainly hope our unborn child doesn't read this one day and get the wrong idea but we keep forgetting we are having another baby. Seriously, I wake up and wonder for a few seconds why my stomach is poking out. It's not that we are not thrilled. We are. We are so thrilled. It's just that these past 6 months have been C-R-A-Z-Y! Between switching jobs, cities, and houses, we haven't had time to breathe much less daydream about a new baby. It's almost more fun this way - Kevin will just look over and say "Hey, we get to hold another one of our babies soon!!!" It's pretty darn cute.

In honor of my forgetfulness, let me update you on the soon to be 2nd child...

I am almost 26 weeks along. A few weeks ago I went to my 24 week appt with my OB in Birmingham. It was my first time back to see her since my annual last spring (I saw a Dr in Montgomery the first 20 weeks). For those of you who haven't been through pregnancy yet, 24 week appt's are "in and out appointments." As in, they just want to make sure you don't have questions. Nothing happens at this appt... normally. So I go in and she is measuring me (Fundal Height is measured the old-fashioned way - with a tape measure) and she says "you are measuring 6 weeks ahead!" I said nothing because I was in shock. I told her that I couldn't be and that at the most I could be a week or so ahead. She sends me over to get an ultrasound anyway. Our ultrasound office is within the OB office so it's not a big deal to get there but just wasn't what I was expecting. Oh and did I mention this was the morning of our closing on the house that sold, and 24 hours before the closing on the Ross Bridge house? Normally, I would be excited but I was kind of in a hurry. Plus, during this pregnancy, for fluke reasons, I have had an ultrasound at almost every appointment. Call me lucky or crazy but I personally don't see much on an ultrasound and therefore get very little out of seeing my alien baby on the big screen. I want the real deal, not an x-ray.

Ok, so I go over and the Ultrasound tech tells me I am indeed measuring ahead - but only a week or two. She advises me that my Dr will probably up my due date but maybe only by a week. I did ask her for some pictures so my husband could see our wee one.

Two things before we get onto the pics.
1) I don't want the baby born before Thanksgiving. November 27th is Moseley's birthday and I really want him to be able to celebrate it alone. Of course I would LOVE to get un-pregnant a little early (the last few weeks are grueling, usually) but for the rest of his life, Moseley would be outshone by "the baby." I have to have a c-section though and they don't want me to go into labor before my scheduled date because then it creates an emergency situation... so that's ssomething to consider. Plus, selfishly I want to hold my little bundle as soon as possible.
2) Kevin begged me to come to this appt. He wanted it later or earlier in the week so he could join me but I assured him time and time again that nothing was going to happen and it was pointless for him to go. I got in big trouble when I told him about the surprise U/S. At least I got him pictures but he will probably join me for every appt from now one. Bless him.

Face and large tummy.


















Another face picture


















Arm


















Photobucket

4 comments:

Katie said...

Hey, where's the groin shot?

Jessica said...

Haha, I was a good girl and told her I didn't want to know. I know, I'm a saint!

Unknown said...

You are a better person then me! I would have found out!

Me on Metatrophin said...

OH MY GOODNESS! I can't believe she told you you measured 6 weeks ahead! I had to have an extra US because our baby is so small! But, she's measuring right on target, so our c-section is scheduled for Nov. 24 (as of now). Like you, I'd love to go a bit before that but......