Sunday, June 8, 2008

"Sweet Caroline (dum dum dum)..."

"... Good times never seem so good."

My good friend Caroline Hunter Engwall married her perfect match this weekendin Little Rock, AR. The wedding and all the events leading up to it were perfect. Fairytale. Period. Steven, her husband, is so sweet, smart, and will take such good care of her it was hard not to get swept up in all the romance of the weekend.

Some highlights of the trip
1) The bridesmaids dresses were FAB. At three months pregnant I looked hot! The other two bridesmaids looked pretty darn cute too!
2) She had our hair and make-up done for us. Again, I looked hot. And I didn't even have to participate in making it happen.
3) Our bouquets were bigger than most bridal bouquets and crammed with peony's, hydrangea's and roses. I felt like a million dollars. Did I mention I looked hot?
4) Kevin and I flew (not drove) up there and sat 1st class on a leg. Awesome!
5) We got there Thursday so celebrated our wedding anniversary at a wonderful French Chop House on Thursday night.
6) We ate very well thanks to the Engwalls.
7) We had wonderful company thanks to the Engwalls.
8) We (as in the 3 bridesmaids and the bride and groom) got to make a grand trip from the church to the reception sitting on the back of a vintage Cadillac convertible. We really, really, looked hot! Can you imagine how special I felt after all of this star treatment?
9) Caroline was and will always be the most beautiful bride I have ever seen. Her dress, hair, makeup and overall exuberance reflected Steven's complete devotion to her.

You wouldn't believe how many people were there from Mobile. If you knew the Engwalls, who are the most loving and selfless people we know, you wouldn't be surprised. But to drive 9 hours for a wedding, with gas prices what they are, A LOT of people went over and above. I have to thank these people for making our weekend awesome and making Caroline's wedding a gorgeous event.

I will post some pictures very soon but in the meantime: I love you CHE and I am so happy for you and Steven! Wyatt and Georgia, thank you, thank you for taking us in as family. We would do absolutely anything for you two as well as your precious children. Your ever-giving and un-judging personalities are always evident in how Lee and Caroline live their lives. We love you!!



Photobucket

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I cannot WAIT to see the pictures of everyone! Especially you, Jessica; did you look hot? M.