Wednesday, December 10, 2008

In 43 hours...

I will be a mom to two precious babies. Moseley, my just-turned-two-year-old and Sweet Pea (of undetermined gender) who will be born via repeat C-section Friday, December 12th at 7:15am. I am so ready. I am not uncomfortable or in pain. Aside from the pregnancy onset GERD I am very comfortable in this state.

But... I am ready to hold my baby. Holding Moseley is few and far between these days unless he is overwhelmed by a brand new crowd or it's the middle of the night and he is scared or not feeling well. Also, I am ready to find out the gender - and start life all over again with a new expanded family. I am anxious to see Kevin holding a teeny infant again just as he held Moseley 2 years ago. It is such a sweet sight to see the man you love, the man who takes care of you become jello holding a little baby. Ok so Moseley was almost 9 pounds, but he seemed small to us.

If you care to take a guess at the "dimensions" of this baby, feel free. Moseley was 21.5" and 8lbs 14oz when he was born a week early. This baby will end up about 10 days early. Oh and Kevin's guess was 8lbs even and 20.5" long.

I have a lot left to do and probably won't blog again until after the baby is born.Also, tomorrow, I am spending the day cuddling my firstborn and assuring him that one day he will be happy to have a sibling!

Check back on Friday for all the details.

Photobucket

8 comments:

BlessedMom said...

So exciting!! I can't wait to hear the updates!

Natalie said...

Oh Jessica that is just amazing! My prayers out to you and a quick and easy delivery/recovery! Oh and for a perfectly healthy little baby. cant wait to find out what it is. :)

Laura said...

How exciting! You will be in my prayers. Can't wait to hear the stats. I think Sweet Pea is a little sister who will be 7 lbs, 15 oz. What a wonderful Christmas present!!!

The Pullen Family said...

I think Sweet Pea will be smaller. Less than 8 pounds. You're way to comfortable for being so pregnant. :)

I won't even guess if your new arrival will be a boy or girl. I'm just praying for strong and healthy!

I can't wait!

reba said...

hey jess, saw your address on fb. i'll be thinking of y'all tomorrow! xo

Katie said...

You would think I am having this baby; that's how excited I am!!! Sending you love from Atlanta!

Tabitha said...

I'm so excited and can't wait to meet the new little guy! Ian says he's pumped and can't wait until they can play together!! We hope ya'll are all doing great, thinking of you, and wishing we could be there.

Jill said...

I can't wait to hear what Sweet Pea is!!! It is now 4:30 on Friday so he or she is here already. I am guessing the new baby is a girl :)