Thursday, August 14, 2008

"Tractors is so dumb!"

So, I LOVE the movie Cars. Apparently so does Moseley. I don't let Moseley watch TV. The occasional (as in once every couple of weeks) Signing Time on PBS is it. And we sign the show together, so it's educational for both of us.



So how does he love Cars? It all started a few months back when he was sick. I mean really sick. He had a fever, wouldn't eat, and wouldn't sleep. For 3 days. Which meant I didn't sleep. For 3 days. So, one night as I was holding him (he was drifting off then jerking awake) at 2am, I whipped out the movie Cars and started watching it. He was mesmerized by the show and the constant noise and he slept a good bit. It was a distraction to how bad he felt and he stopped long enough to watch it then fall asleep. So, it became our "sick movie." He doesn't get sick often, I think once or twice since then, but it works to slow him down.

A few weeks ago, we were packing up and moving our stuff out of our Southside house (B'ham) and needed a distraction - he had very little toys and heavy furniture was whizzing over his head. We found an old TV/VCR and a bunch of my nephews old Wiggles tapes (from 10 years ago!). He called it his "show" and although he rarely sat down and watched it, he'd run back to the TV for a few minutes to see what was going on. When we got back to Montgomery, he got a sinus infection so we watched Cars again. Now, he asks every morning to watch his "Show" or "Cars." Of course I don't let him but at least I know that if I have something I HAVE to do, it's a back-up plan!!


Photobucket

1 comment:

Me on Metatrophin said...

We love Cars, too! Garrett had NO interest in anything on television until he was about 4. Now he loves it-- but mostly Disney or Scooby Doo. Everything in moderation......