Friday, August 15, 2008

Strolling for Two?

I love my current stroller situation. I have a cheapo umbrella stroller and a Jogger Stroller Travel System (with infant car seat and base).

But when I have two, there just might be a need to have them both in the stroller at the same time. Moseley has always loved to stroll. He never wants out. So, for things like the mall and the farmer's market where he can grab things, we will need a stroller for both of them. I have to have a jogger, I am tall and I can't stand the way my umbrella doesn't handle bumps. Plus I am looking forward to walking for exercise in Ross Bridge (and making Tally go too). I will keep the two other strollers for when it's just me and sweetpea (such as when Moseley's at school).

I have done extensive research on strollers and these are my top two. Based on width, length and weight (sans children). The other side-by-side joggers were just too heavy and wide and the front-to-backs were too long and awkward.

Feel free to comment with any insight you might have ;)

Tike Tech Trax 360 (navy, of course)



Phil and Ted's Dash Double (in navy, again)



Photobucket

5 comments:

Libba said...

I like the first one better. The swivel wheel will come in handy and baby G won't have to stare directly at his/her older brother's backside :-)

The Regal Pup said...

Hi Jessica,

This is Jennifer Ross - from Facebook and Ross Bridge. I saw your blog on your Facebook page. Anyhow, my hubby and I are moving into Village Center in about 3 months.

I recommend the BOB stroller. If you go to Fleet Feet (I work there) off of 280, you can order one. They are fabulous - and they have the Stroller Strides ones, if you are interested in taking those classes. I believe Brooke West is organizing a class for Ross Bridge. Do some research on them - all of our customers who have them love them :)

Looking forward to meeting you and your family soon. Hope you don't mind me stumbling onto your blog. I have one too, and am obsessed :)

The Halls said...

Hey Jess,

We have a Phil and Ted's adn we LOVE it. I think we have a slightly different style, but it has been a great stroller.

Also, a double BOB is a good recommendation.

Anonymous said...

I've heard good things about the Phil and Teds. I have the Valco Trimode, which I love and I'm pretty sure you can get a toddler seat for it too. I'm in the market for a good umbrella stroller b/c Henry's going to outgrow his car seat/frame soon....

The Dettling's said...

Totally cracking up right now! Of course we'll be walking with you. I just may be using some other means of transportation for the kiddos until I can gather the cash for a double stroller. This whole 2babies in 2 years thing (and a new house) has caught me off-guard! :)