Sunday, April 20, 2008

Wonderful, Wonderful Camp McDowell!

We went to Camp McDowell this past weekend for a Mother Daughter retreat. The theme was "Playing and Praying in God's Backyard." We had so much fun and hope we can make it an annual event!

The bracelets we made


Our first hike: to the Cross


Crossing the rope bridge of death on our hike


Me on the rope bridge


We made it across alive!


Our hayride to the secret pasture


On one of our 5 hikes


It is hard to see but off in the distance is where the cross is that we hiked to.


Murray Manor, our cabin. Also termed "Murder Manor"! The banner was one we made for the chapel processional on sunday. Doesn't Momma look cute in her Citizen's jeans? I think so!


Our Cabin


Pre-scrabble on Momma's bunk


Pre-scrabble on my bunk


In the throes of srabble misspellig woes! You would think an english major would know how to spell g-u-a-g-e. I'm just saying.


Photobucket

2 comments:

BlessedMom said...

Ahhhh....Camp McDowell. I have a long list of memories from there when I was a youth! I'm glad to hear it's still being enjoyed!

Elisa M said...

Adorable! It looked so fun and peaceful and life-giving. good for you.