Monday, August 17, 2009

Sewanee, TN

We headed to Sewanee a few weeks ago to see my *cousin* Emily Rose de Juan get married. It was a very fun weekend. 

We headed up to Decatur on Friday afternoon to drop the kiddos off. That is right, we left them at home!! Then we continued on to Sewanee, TN where we stayed at Elizabeth Dotts' fabulous place on the bluff. The first night we ate with the Dotts family at the Monteagle Diner, a wonderful greasy spoon in Monteagle, TN. 

Then, Elizabeth, Kevin and I headed to an after-after-rehearsal party on Chastain Lake. Saturday, we had a brunch at the Monteagle Inn which had FABULOUS shrimp and grits. Then I headed with some of the bridesmaids to get hair done while Kevin, Staples, and Harris Oppenheimer helped load the libations for the wedding.

The wedding was that night at All Saints Chapel on the campus at Sewanee. Growing up Episcopalian, that church is the holy grail for us. It is gorgeous! 

**Side note: We drove Kevin's parents Beetle Bug up so we could leave our car equipped with the carseats with them. There is a bug in one of the stained glass windows so that was neat.**

The Reception was at the Sewanee Inn and had a fabulous Water Table. This is where they offer all kinds of juices such as Lavender infused Lemonade and Strawberry-Watermelon water. For those of you who don't know, I don't drink beer, ever. And I rarely drink anything else. I don't like the way it tastes so this was my kind of addition. I must have had 7 or so glasses of the lemonade :) The food there was also wonderful. 

Some Family pics




Sunday we woke up and spent the morning and lunch with Staples and Nancy. That was wonderful. When we left to get the boys I was soooo excited to be able to hold them. I had missed them so much. 

Photobucket

1 comment:

Whitney said...

The water table sounds wonderful! I don't drink beer (or anything else) either... for the same reason. Wine makes my nostrils flare! ;-)