Sunday, May 22, 2011

Here I am and Chatty Town...

I am going to blog once a week. At least. Amen.

Ok so the boys and I went with Kevin to a conference in Chattanooga, TN this past Thursday-Saturday. Kevin was going to be booked solid during the day and night but I still wanted to go so the boys and I could play around the town.

Thursday night we got in around 8p and had dinner and headed to bed. All five of us in one small-ish room. The Chattanoogan is great but we really LOVE our 4 bedroom house :)

Roe napping in one of the hotel beds while the boys played (somewhat) quietly around him.


Friday Kevin headed off to his day of workshops and the boys and I hit the pavement. We (I) decided we should just walk everywhere since it would truly be easier for me than driving.

Momma, it looks like a couch!


It was a little over a mile to our first destination. The Tennessee Aquarium. Getting there right at opening time, we spent 3 hours there at which point Roe fell asleep and took his morning nap.

Roe napping so sweetly at the Aquarium.


Giant 4 ft crab scared the heck out of the boys.


There is just something about touching wet and slimy things that fascinates boys.


The butterfly room and my sweet Roe.

I then strolled us over to Rio Picante restaurant where I realized Chambers had fallen asleep. Roe was now awake but quiet and content. Moseley and I had a wonderful lunch together talking and joking around.

My Chambers napping.


I had promised the boys ice cream if they were good so after lunch we hit up Ben and Jerry's. Chambers woke up and after he ate some of his quesadilla he and Moseley had some sorbet.

Ben. And. Jerry's.


Next up: The Children's Discovery Museum. This place was awesome. If you are in Birmingham, I liken it to theMcWane Center. Very impressive exhibits, a lot of funding is pouring into this place. Roe took his afternoon nap while here. I was so impressed with my childrens ability to adapt. Makes me think of other places we could go... Disney?

The water exhibit at the Childrens Museum. Awesome.


I purchased the combo pack of tickets and after it was all said and done our tickets totaled $65. Not bad for an entire day of fun for 4!

We headed back to the hotel around 5-ish. It was a long day but SO worth it. the boys had so much fun.

The next day after Kevin's half day we went to Warehouse Row. Here we ate Lunch at Public House (delish!), did a little shopping at Kayce Hughes (Pears + Bears!!) and drooled over the findings at Revival: Uncommon Goods. Afterwards we decided to head home so we wouldn't get in too late. We had so much fun and I cannot wait to go back. This was our 3rd trip to Chattanooga but I can never get enough!


Photobucket

1 comment:

kayce hughes said...

I am so thrilled that you made it to the store! I love revival and public house too. What a great mom to get out there and take in all of the fun sights with 3 little boys! Hope you get a little rest this week.